Monday, November 8, 2010


I am currently in a place called Singida town, taking off today to a much smaller village with a PCV named Amy. She is hilarious and crazy. I don’t know where exactly she is from but its somewhere down south. Should be an experience because the girl that I am shadowing with is also hilarious but also a little crazy and from the south. So I am rather out numbered. Amy's house has nothing in it. She had a bed made out of string or something made for Katie and I a few weeks ago but the bed was stolen along with most of her other belongings. So I brought my tent and we will be sleeping in the courtyard. She was no electricity and no running water either haha. She said the her choo is set up very poorly, and there is a pipe that makes like a 90 angle after exiting the choo. So about once a week she has too pull up the concrete slab, get a big stick and carry over a bucket of water, and work to slowly unclog the crusty stopped up corner. And for some reason in the last two weeks she mentioned she has literally pooped her pants 4 times. Should be an experience. I’m just gonna try and send this now to see if the picture will go through...

No comments:

Post a Comment